mandag 19. august 2013

"George Washington's Garden" at Let's Get Sketchy

 
Hi There, hope you all had a fun and creative weekend :)
 
Today I have got something different for you here.
We all know that George Washington was the
 1. President of U.S.A, but  have you ever thought
 about where his  family came from?
...yes I know... I'm from Norway, but when I lived in England
I was so lucky to live not far from Sulgrave Manor,
where his family/ancestors had their home before they
left England a few generations before he was born.
You can read all about Sulgrave Manor here
if you want to find out more :)
 
Anyway the last time we  visited Sulgrave Manor
I took a few photos. It is a fantastic place to visit with
a lovely garden and visiting center, and  lots of  activeties
for kids.
Here is the LO I made with a photo from Sulgrave
It is Team A's turn this week at Let's Get Sketchy
 
 
Below is the sketch made by Ashley
 
 
 
As you can see, the kids are having fun and behind them is a
bust of George Washington
 
 
 

 

 I started out trying to keep it clean and simle, but I
couldn't resist using the white Dylusion spray and made
a few splodges ;)
All papers are from Basic Grey "Out of Print"
 
Thanks for taking time and popin in and leaving
a comment :)
Have a wonderful week :) :) :)  


15 kommentarer:

  1. You are FUNNY....keeping it CAS then adding splotches...I sooo get where you're coming from!!! This is lovely, especially those papers running through horizontally...great pic, too:):)

    SvarSlett
  2. This is soooooooooo fun! I love love love love love the colors and layers!!

    SvarSlett
  3. What a fun page! I love all the details on it!

    SvarSlett
  4. Skikkelig herlige farger. Ble i godt humør av å se på den.

    Ha en fin dag. Klem

    SvarSlett
  5. Så mye fint du har laget i sommer!
    Denne loen var bare herlig! Herlig bilde, friske glade farger og flott pyntet!
    Ha en deilig kveld :O)

    SvarSlett
  6. Loving the hidden journalling and the scallops!! Great page!

    SvarSlett
  7. Great layout - love the scallops!

    SvarSlett
  8. Your layout is stunning! I love that you started clean and simple then added in some of your signature style!

    SvarSlett
  9. This is so lovely! The papers are very pretty and I love the lace scallop!

    SvarSlett
  10. Looks like they had fun! Love your CAS page with those white splotches! ;)

    SvarSlett
  11. Så herlig LO!! Knalle farger som lyser lek og moro :)
    Klem Toini

    SvarSlett
  12. a very beautiful page...

    SvarSlett
  13. What a cool page! Love the layers and the lace! :)x

    SvarSlett
  14. Kul side. Digger oppsettet og misunner deg skriften din...
    Ønsker deg en flott helg.

    SvarSlett